Welcome to WeatherizationPLUS.org
This section of our website is full of resources that will help your WAP agency’s LEVERAGING efforts
What is "Leveraging"?
The word means: using the resources of the program and its organizations, such as people, time, skills, good reputation and funding, to attract more complementary resources. The Weatherization Partnership Project will support Weatherization delivery agencies’ expansion and accountability initiatives by supporting the exchange of ideas and results and the development of expanded partnerships.
With the ARRA Weatherization Program ending soon, it is now more important than ever to take advantage of other sources of funding available through utilities and other financing methods.
Leveraging Basics – Start here if you’re new to leveraging.
Utility Leveraged Programs – On this page, you will find best-practices information about successful leveraged partnerships with utility companies.
Coming Soon: Leveraging Training
- November Weatherization PLUS Newsletter
- September Weatherization PLUS Newsletter
- Introducing Ideas and Experts from the Better Buildings Conference – July 2012
- August Weatherization PLUS Newsletter
- June Weatherization PLUS Newsletter #2
- June Weatherizaiton PLUS Newsletter #1
- Weatherization’s True Job Creation Ranking – January 2012
- Materials from EOS Webinar: Beginning to Leverage: Get WAP Funding for Your Leveraging Staff & Project Development! – January 2012
- How Low-Income Households Use Energy – December 2011
Why We Leverage
Listen to Leveraging Success – A State Manager‘s Story
Steve Payne, WAP director for Washington State, explains in this interview podcast how his decision to invest in a permanent leveraging initiative, The Energy Project, has paid off for his program.